Data Analyst – Business Analytics u0026 Insights job with FIGS
What you’ll do:
- Compile data from multiple sources to create dynamic reports, dashboards, ad hoc analyses, self-service tools, etc. to help business partners make faster and better insights, backed by data.
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to understand unique data needs, gather requirements, and develop/implement metrics in order to build out a comprehensive analytics solution.
- Manage our business intelligence platform Looker, including data modeling, defining internal standards for style, building/maintaining automated reporting, and educating end users on best practices for data analysis.
- Partner with the analytics engineering team to write production level ELT code to ensure data accuracy for reporting and analysis.
- Identify areas for optimization, automation, and growth through data, presenting recommendations to senior team members.
- Communicate complex data concepts and insights across all levels of the organization.
- Work with the data team on larger analytics projects from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in an analytics role supporting multiple teams
- 1+ years experience programming with SQL and relational databases (Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- 1+ years experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Desire to continually keep up with advancements in data team practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For:
- 1+ years experience programming using Python
- 1+ years experience with Looker
- Experience using git and version control
- Familiarity with dbt and/or Snowflake
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.