Its not just a job. Its a mission . If youre as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then youll be right at home with us.
Recognized as one of D.C.s Top Workplaces each year, Rapid Financial Services (dba “Rapid Finance”) is the nation’s leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners. By providing access to working capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Rapid Finance is seeking an experienced Litigation Attorney who thrives for the opportunity to practice law in an upbeat, professional, and productive environment to join our growing Legal and Risk team.
As a Litigation Attorney, you will work to recover revenue for the company by representing the organization at legal proceedings; preparing, filing and tracking collection cases in civil court; enforcing civil judgments. This position will be located at our home office in Bethesda, Maryland. An average day in this position may include:
- Assist Managing Attorney with managing the litigation dockets for portfolio accounts in UT, SD, NY, FL, and CA.
- Litigate assigned cases in MD, UT, SD, NY, FL, and CA.
- Assist the Litigation Attorney with managing the MD docket for Rapid-originated accounts.
- Under guidance of Managing Attorney, supervises, professionally develops, and trains the Litigation Attorney(s).
- Under guidance of Managing Attorney, collaborates with Managing Paralegal (or Senior Paralegal) on developing, implementing, and managing litigation processes, team member assignments, and special projects.
- Collaborates with Managing Paralegal to ensure the daily, weekly, and monthly production for recoveries is completed on target.
- Review and respond to litigation-related inquiries.
- Draft various litigation agreements and document templates.
- Assisting with the preparation of court pleadings, filings and correspondence
- Representing the organization as counsel of record in civil collection cases; attending status and motion hearings as needed; responding to attorney correspondence; gathering and exchanging required information in preparation for legal proceedings
- Analyzing complex financial information
- Assisting with legal research
- Monitoring ongoing payment arrangements
- Documenting merchant account with accurate description of conversations with customers, their representatives or counsel, or other related persons that references customer account
- Taking on other work as needed
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- You are admitted to practice in the state of Maryland, are considered active, and are in good standing.
- You have 2-5 years of litigation experience. You have have prior experience with motion practice, discovery dispute, and trial preparation.
- You have a professional appearance and a professional and articulate phone demeanor
- You have working knowledge of or are capable of quickly learning how to use MS Outlook, Work, and Excel as well as office equipment such as a scanner, fax, and copy machine
- You are comfortable taking direction from others and working in a team environment
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You have strong critical thinking skills an d demonstrate the ability to resolve account disputes in an efficient and professional manner while prioritizing what is best for our business
- You are flexible and adaptable to diverse cultures
- You have a proven ability to plan and organize effectively, identify and correct errors, capture all of the relevant details, and get things done on time
- You are able to develop and manage relationships, including effectively presenting information to and responding to inquiries and requests from all internal and external stakeholders
- You succeed in dynamic environments that require balancing competing priorities, meeting critical deadlines and adapting to change
- You produce a written work product that is comprehensive, reflects appropriate messaging, and uses correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation and can provide a sample work product
- You have prior experience as a clerk or intern
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
At Rapid Finance, we support our team members growth and desire to live well-rounded lives. Our company is expanding and we are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Come work with US! We are ranked a Top Workplace in Washington D.C., Detroit, and the Nation-these awards mean the world because it’s based on feedback from our people!
We offer generous team benefits including a commuting/parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Rapid Finance is committed to a diverse workforce an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). We will consider all applications without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.