Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Division is currently seeking a Quantitative Analytics Technical Lead to be responsible for the development and execution of statistical models and applications in support of business and risk decisions as a member of the Default Costing Model Team. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
Our team is responsible for the development and analytic support of the Default Costing model (Forecast of Credit Risk and Severity), supports the single-Family business for risk decisions. We apply econometric, machine learning and statistical modeling to understand business problems and produce credit risk forecast for the mortgage portfolio.
- Developing analytical methods and models that assess the credit risk of new and existing financial and mortgage products.
- Providing innovative, detailed and practical solutions to an extensive range of fast paced and complicated problems.
- Developing and validating loss forecasting models, conducting research on enhancements to the existing models, and applying industry best practices and techniques to meet various business needs.
- Coordinating the testing through the model implementation, conducting back tests to monitor the model performance, and performing economic tests and stress tests to validate the model forecast results.
- Providing modeling and analytical support to a line of business or product area, functioning as day-to-day technical specialist.
- Preparing documentation for the technical analytics and rationale through the model development to comply with model oversight and support model review for approval.
- Working under limited direction, independently determining and developing approach to solutions.
- PhD in Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field with at least three years of related post-graduate work experience; or Master degree with at least six years of related experience
- At least three years of experience in model development including logistic regression
- Strong programming skills in SAS, SQL and Unix.
- Experience with programming language such as Python, R, VBA, Java or C++
- Experience working with large data sets and relational database
- Experience working with mortgage or consumer credit risk models, prepayment models and severity models
- Experience with competing-risk hazard models, transition models, loss forecasting and stress testing
- Experience in data science, machine learning and related technologies
Key to Success in this role
- Outstanding quantitative, empirical analysis, and research skills
- Solid understanding of econometric models, tools and techniques
- Strong programming skills
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Research & Modeling