Business Development Associate job with Rapid Finance
Role: Partner Acquisitions Associate – This role is Full-Time/W-2 only!
About Our Company
Its not just a job. Its a mission. If youre as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then youll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation’s leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for small business owners. By providing access to opportunity capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in you.
Rapid Finance is Ranked in The Washington Post Top Work Places for 2020!
As part of Quicken Loans Family of Companies , we are expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU!
About the Job
We are currently seeking an experienced Business Development (BD) Associate with a great phone presence and the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how. The BD Associate will work within a team to attract new Referral Partners on behalf of Rapid Finance, and s/he will introduce potential Partners to our cash advance or loan products. You will provide support to the BD department, identifies new lead sources, executes call campaigns, and works closely with Sales and Marketing to increase revenue.
Successful candidates should be team players who not only understand how to identify a new business opportunity, but also know what it takes to contribute to a team to realize that opportunity. You must have the ability to turn outbound calls to a lead, distribute lead sources to Sales, and follow up with current Referral Partners while managing customer relationships. Our on-the-job training will help prepare you to quickly determine and establish business needs for each Referral Partner relationship. Specific duties may include:
Referral Partner Outreach & Sales
- Manage a book of business partners through daily engagements with the aim of driving production.
- Cultivate new relationships with prospective business Partners.
- Perform data analytics to identify new opportunities and engage with the BD team to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Evaluate production goals vs. actual production of Partners.
- Travel to visit Referral Partners, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.
- Develop and deliver strategies to attract new Partners and increase production from existing Partners.
- Provide Referral Partner support.
- Cover and distribute all missed calls and messages from all lead sources on a daily basis.
- Work closely with new lead sources on the manual part of the process, like manually downloaded leads and distributing them on a daily basis.
- Manage call campaigns to smaller Partners and follow up process (Partner onboarding through first funded deal and marketing efforts)
- Manage Partner relations (low deal count, renewals, new intro) through consistent follow up and communicating new products and processes
Business Development Support
- Create campaigns, accounts, and contacts for partner database
- File and image marketing agreements, W9 forms, and voided checks, and other documentation related to merchant accounts
- Assist team with conference and/or travel materials including but not limited to designing, printing, and/or shipping
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Successful 3+ years working in business development role
- Have knowledge and appreciation of small business
- Demonstrated track record of effective phone sales and a clear understanding that being on the phone consistently with Partners is required
- Prior experience working in financial services, lending or mortgage industries is preferred
- Highly motivated by clear cut metrics and thrive in a friendly competitive environment
- Great leadership skills
- Top-notch analytical skills – you must have an eye for detail.
- Challenge yourself every day- use critical thinking and advanced strategy to apply research solutions and effectively market Rapid Finance to all Partners.
- Tenacious- you refuse to let objections slow you down and are looking to fast-track your career and move into more senior roles
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is critical to account management and priority customer service
- Experience with Salesforce or a comparable CRM is preferred
Sound like you? The following qualities will further ensure your success in this role:
- Proven success in a high visibility support position that requires balancing multiple priorities and meeting critical deadlines
- You pride yourself as a conversationalist- you are a step ahead of your customer on the phone and can turn around a bad interaction
- Must be able to produce a work product that is comprehensive, reflects appropriate messaging, and uses correct grammar and punctuation
- You dont wait around for answers- you go find them instead
- You have a competitive mindset and strive to be a top performer wherever you go
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. Thats just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, every Monday working from home and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Discover what a career with Rapid Finance can do for you. Visit our careers page today to learn more about the other opportunities we currently have available.
Rapid Finance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.