Sr. Business Analyst – Spring Discounts Marketplace
Summary: Capital One Spring is a new discounts marketplace for small businesses. We tap Capital One’s large network of corporate suppliers to negotiate outstanding deals for our customers. At Spring, data is at the center of everything we do. As a Sr. Business Analyst on the Spring Business Insights team, you’ll be part of a fast-paced, innovative team that’s leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, leveraging billions of customer records in the Capital One customer & transaction database to unlock new opportunities that help small businesses save money.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data analysts, data scientists, software engineers, marketing experts, and product managers to deliver a product that customers love
- Leverage a broad stack of data analysis tools – SQL, R, Python, and more – to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Inform critical business decisions by developing financial models and leveraging key insights from troves of customer data
- Bring customer and competitive insights to bear to help inform Spring’s product strategy, including on new features, new audiences, and new partnerships
- Help guide and conduct experiments (e.g A/B tests) to optimize Spring’s product and marketing strategies
- Perform marketing segmentation to reach out to the optimal target audience and drive sign-ups and product utilization.
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business results
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Customer first. You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it’s about making the right decision for our customers.
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You’re not afraid to share a new idea.
- Agile. You appreciate working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment, and are ready to switch back and forth between workstreams and analyses.
- Strategic. You like to step back from the data and ask yourself what it means for critical business decisions.
- Collegial. You thrive in a team setting and love working with others to get to the right answer.
- A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. You are passionate about talent development for your own team and beyond.
- Technical. You’re comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further..
- Interested in the “So what”. You thrive on the challenge of distilling complex and messy data into a lucid idea.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R (python preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
- Experience conducting market research (e.g., customer surveys, competitive intelligence, market sizing, etc)
- Experience with experimentation (e.g. A/B test, multivariate test)